We’re offering 50% off a Digital DJ Course on Serato Scratch Live, see below for information on the course.
To redeem your digital DJ discount please email email@example.com and specify ‘Uber DJ discount’ in the email subject.
Welcome to Point Blank, the award-winning music production and DJ school based in London UK. Established in 1994 we’ve taught over 50,000 students including; Claude VonStroke, Goldie, Nicole Moudaber, Dave Rene, Spoony and many other successful industry figures. Point Blank offers bespoke tuition from cutting edge facilities in Hoxton, East London as well as ground-breaking virtual learning via online courses to avid producers and DJs around the globe. For more information visit: www.pointblanklondon.com
Discounted price: £197.50
– 24th June 2013
– 22nd July 2013
– 19th August 2013
It is impossible to ignore the merits of Serato Scratch Live if you are looking into the world of DJing in the 21st century. This course is the short cut to playing dynamite, professional DJ sets in clubs with crowds going nuts for the music! Find out how to use this awesome software to the max at every phase of the process including getting your set ready, mixing/beat matching, scratching, multi deck mixing, adding your own loops, samples and effects, utilizing the Rane TTM 57 SL mixer to work with Serato Scratch Live and using controllers. Watch and learn as DMC champion DJ Blakey takes you through your scratching paces. Get ready for the fast track ride to DJing excellence.
Includes over 85 quality videos / frequent DVR™ (1-2-1 video feedback)/ 4 hours live masterclasses /1 year access / over 80 pages of course notes / 24/7 access to forum / exclusive audio resources to download. Optional: sign your track to Point Blank Music distributed by iTunes, beatport, Juno Download and Amazon.
Using Scratch Live:
– Setting up crates/ playlists/ i-tunes library
– Analysing your music- detecting BPM
– Relocating lost files
– Using Crates: track info, smart crates
– Modes: Internal, relative & absolute
Mixing with Scratch Live:
– Vinyl control options: cue points, graphic display
– Cue Points: creating, deleting, triggering
– Beat matching tips
– Use Scratch Live with 1 deck and a mixer
– 4 Deck Mixing with SL 3
Effects, Loops & Samples:
– Creating, fine tuning, saving and triggering loops
– Activating/ using built in effects
– Triggering samples from sample player
– Trigger Scratch Live with Rane mixer
– Scratch techniques: transforming, chirps
Recording & Using Controllers:
– Novation Dicer: loops, roll effects, hot cues
– Converting vinyl to digital
– Recording/sampling mic; entire mix (SL3 & SL4)
– Video SL: assigning video clips, transitional FX
– Scratching techniques: Flare, Crab