We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here!
Recently Launched Radio Station Worldwide FM are Looking for Interns
New London-based radio station Worldwide FM are offering three month part-time internships, providing those wishing to kick start their career in radio with an excellent chance to gain first-hand experience of assisting with the running of a live radio station.
The successful applicants will gain experience across the following areas:
- Studio assisting with live radio shows and play-listing.
- On-demand content: editing and uploading to Mixcloud & worldwidefm.net.
- Social media: learning about and assisting with the creation, publishing and scheduling of digital marketing content.
- Radio delivery: learning about and assisting with music reporting.
- Editorial : writing copy for the website.
They are looking for candidates who have an interest in the following:
- An interest in radio, underground music, Brownswood and Gilles Peterson.
- An awareness of the online music landscape and social media trends.
- Copywriting experience.
- Well-versed with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress and Mixcloud.
- An interest and basic knowledge of audio production (Ableton and Audition)
- Administrative attention to detail, with an ability to complete paperwork accurately, consistently and efficiently.
- Additional skills in copywriting, design, and video production are also a bonus.
- There are 2 and 3 day a week positions available, each lasting 3 months.
- These placements will be based in Worldwide FM’s London studios.
If you’d like to apply, please send your CV and a 150 word covering letter to email@example.com, detailing what you feel the future of radio looks like and what your perfect show on Worldwide FM would look like. Deadline for submissions: 9pm on December 7th 2016.
Register to Access Free Courses, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!