In partnership with Synthgear, Point Blank is launching our most technologically advanced remix competition to date! This time you have the chance to remix the data provided by the famous Large Hadron Collider that have been converted into sound by some top boffins, for you to be able to produce your own original piece of ‘Intergalactic-Black-Hole-EDM’ (it’s a working title).
The winner will be able to choose between the Cubase course (value £575.00) or the Electronic Dance Music (EDM) on Ableton Live course (value £325.00). Head over to the Synthgear website to download the suprisingly musical data stems, and get creating!
To be eligible, you must:
- First, leave a comment below indicating that you are interested in working on a remix. We will use the email address that you comment with (which is not shown to the public) to inform you of contest updates.
- Use any or any combination of the sounds below in your track. You can use other sounds, but samples from the LHC must be the focal point or basis. Feel free to chop, mangle or destroy though!
- Your song may not use any copyrighted material that is not yours
- Upload your track to our dropbox on SoundCloud
- Once your track is uploaded, post another comment on this page with your track name, artist name, and the soundcloud ID# of the track
- Submit your remix before February 28, 2011.
Preference will be given to entries that use the samples in interesting and creative ways. So, that’s it, let’s get started!
To see more details click here
This post is included in Competitions