We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember – all of the opportunities detailed below are for PB students and alumni only.
Graveny School Music Department Are Looking for a Music and Sound Technician
A secondary school in South London (Tooting/Streatham) are looking for a Music and Sound Technician. This is a one year graduate placement beginning in September, and is a paid role.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Managing the music technology facilities in the music department
• Supporting KS3 lessons through technical support as well as working with pupils on lesson tasks
• Supporting KS4 and 5 composition lessons
• Dealing with problems occurring from the day to day running of the music technology facilities
• To record and collate GCSE / A Level performances and compositions ready for submission
• Recording and mixing of all concerts (performance occasions average more than one every fortnight and these recordings are frequently used for submission for public exams)
• To produce a CD of performance highlights throughout the year to sell to pupils and parents
• To aid students in the use of amplification and recording equipment (including supporting KS4 and 5 performing lessons)
• To set up sound equipment for assemblies, presentation evenings etc. as appropriate
• Supervision of all technical equipment – amplifiers, microphones, leads, extensions
• To take part in ensembles and support music staff in extracurricular activities
• To attend a number of residential and day trips throughout the year
• To work as a team member in enhancing the music education of Graveney pupils
There is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to take on extra paid work teaching music theory classes if they are interested in doing so. Additionally, there’s scope for the music and sound technician to develop other projects and initiatives. Previous technicians have set up sound recording clubs, developed the music archives, been responsible for social media and pioneered a music festival
Terms and Conditions
• Term Time Working: 39 weeks
• Remuneration: To be confirmed
• Hours: As directed by the Music Department
• Duration: September – July
Those interested in applying should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!
This post is included in News, Opportunities