We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These opportunities come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember – all of the opportunities detailed below are for PB students and alumni only.
iMakeArt has a Project for Talented & Motivated Young Music Artists
As part of its new artist development project ‘Talented & Motivated’, the iMakeArt Foundation is looking for young musicians to support.
The selected artist/act will benefit from:
– Music business advice
– 1-2-1 business mentoring and A&R advice from music industry professionals
– An artist development and marketing plan that will identify short to long term goals and how to achieve them
– Professionally produced collection of songs and music videos for promotional distribution and resale
– Access to £3,000-£5,000 bursary to go toward recording and marketing budgets to help kickstart music revenue streams
– Live performances in quality venues and popular online music channels – opportunities to gain and increase current fanbase, to inspire and engage audiences, and other young talent
The artist/act will be selected by iMakeArt’s independent selection panel of music industry professionals, Young Leaders Group and iMake Foundation Trustees, following this open call out.
The artist/act will be selected via the following selection criteria:
– Aged 18-30 years old, residing in the UK and unsigned to a professional recording label or publisher
– From any music genre or discipline e.g. singer/songwriters, producers, musicians.
– Extremely driven and proactive with an existing portfolio of work (e.g. number of live performances, online; overall plays, views, fan base, etc
– Uniquely talented (The external music industry experts take the lead on helping us identify this attribute)
– Unable to fund the activity themselves
– With a clear plan for production, audience development and promotion
Deadline for referral submissions is Friday 8th April 2016.
To find out more information, send an e-mail to Patrick.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!
This post is included in News, Opportunities