We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These opportunities come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember – all of the opportunities detailed below are for PB students and alumni only.
Material Music is Looking for an Intern
Material Music has an excellent new opportunity for a Label Co-ordinator to join its small but dedicated team in their Dalston office. The role is to manage and work across Material’s in-house record labels (Needwant, Yen) and compilations series (Future Disco, Journeys, Poolside Sounds). If you love music (electronic music in particular) and know your metadata from your marketing and distribution from design then this could be the position for you. You should be full of energy, have a positive can do attitude and have a creative but very organised approach to your work.
Two to three years of music or marketing experience is an advantage as well as a good working knowledge of a range of computer programs. Being digital savvy and social media literate is essential. No day is ever the same at Material. The role would suit a motivated individual who is ready to establish a serious career in the music industry. Hours are 09:30–18:00, Monday to Friday.
Attributes required for the role include:
– The ability to work independently, managing varying workloads and processes at varying stages of their lifecycle
– A passion for electronic music and to be immersed in the culture
– Excellent understanding of digital and social media
– Creative, innovative, always coming up with new ideas
– Ability to spot emerging trends (in music and technology), and stay ahead of the curve
– Dedicated and focused team player with a passion for the success of the team, label, artists, releases and brands
– Self motivated
– Strong organisational skills
– Ability to multitask
– Attention to detail
– Working to tight deadlines
– Excellent grammar and spelling in order to write sales notes and general social posting
– Excellent communication skills (on e-mail and speaking with artists and clients)
Roles and responsibilities include:
– Assist team on daily given duties
– Implement processes and plan for all releases ensuring deadlines are met
– Update social media channels and generate ideas for content
– Update online playlists, websites, and profiles such as Youtube, Spotify and SoundCloud
– Write sales notes and press releases for label activity
– Assist on all marketing campaigns
– Liaise with external agencies such as PR and creative, providing them with correct information and assets on time
– Create and edit music clips/previews of tracks & albums
– Design online content
– Collating and supplying metadata to distributors for upload
– Upload and manage all PPL information
– Manage masters and mixdowns
– Manage manufacturing of physical product
– Manage licensing process
– Adjust contracts
– Create and send artist royalty statements
– Book flights and accommodation for artists
– Update archive and Dropbox and keep all label folders up to date
– Assist with A&R, including bringing in music, seeking remixes, contacting potential artists
– Competitor analysis
– Deliver weekly update for team of new artists, blogs, events, video, artwork and technology
– Design and program knowledge e.g. InDesign, Photoshop
– Music editing skills
– Ability to create YouTube videos
If you’d like to be considered send an e-mail with the subject line ‘Material Music Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter attached.
Ferocious Talent is Looking for a Scratch DJ
Ferocious Talent is on the lookout for a young DJ between the age of 16-24 that can scratch on decks. The ideal will candidate will need to be able to start straight away, and may be needed three times a month. The style of music Ferocious are looking for is hip-hop, in particular old skool hip-hop. The successful DJ will be scratching for a signed band, cueing tracks to come in. You will be paid a minimum of £50, but you must know old skool hip-hop.
To apply, send an e-mail with the subject line ‘Ferocious Talent Scratch DJ’ to email@example.com with your CV and cover letter attached, with a specific focus on your experience as a scratch DJ alongside examples of your mixes.
Vocalist and Writer Erire (William Orbit, Mike Koglin) Looking for Music Producers
Erire, a talented singer who’s had previous success with producers (and Point Blank instructors) Seamus Haji and Mike Koglin, is looking for up-and-coming producers from Point Blank to work with. This could be an excellent opportunity to get your name out there and work with an established writer and vocalist.
If you’d like to be considered, send an e-mail with the subject line ‘Erire Producer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter attached and examples of your productions.
Brixton Briefcase is Looking for DJs
Brixton Briefcase is looking for talented DJs who can play a wide mix of styles from funk, disco, house, club classics, hip-hop, breaks, drum ‘n’ bass, garage and everything in between. It’s a bar vibe for the gig so you must know how to work the crowd and put them in a party mood. The gig is in Battersea in south London, and for the right person this could turn in to a regular thing.
To apply, send an e-mail with the subject line ‘Battersea DJ Gig’ to email@example.com with links to your mixes, and a biography if you have one. The closing date is March 12th.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!