We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These opportunities come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember – all of the opportunities detailed below are for PB students and alumni only.
Phantasy Sound (Erol Alkan) are Looking for an Intern
The Phantasy record label was founded in 2007 by Erol Alkan, and they’re currently looking for a London-based intern to help them out. Their roster includes Daniel Avery, Ghost Culture, Connan Mockasin, Kamera, Cowboy Rhythmbox, Babe Terror and of course Erol Alkan himself.
This would be a part-time internship, with a rate of pay involved. Full details and requirements of the internship can be found below – if you want to be considered, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember, you can only apply if you’re a current PB student of a member of our alumni.
Skills & Knowledge:
– Attention to detail
– Familiar with Phantasy and its roster
– Solid understanding of all social media platforms
– Artwork and design skills
– Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
– Strong organisational and writing skills
– Working collaboratively with the team to achieve our Phantasy’s as well as external agencies, PRs and designers
– The ability to work independently, managing various projects
– Staying ahead of the curve when it comes to trends
Examples of jobs and tasks you can expect to undertake as part of a Phantasy Sound internship are…
– Keeping up to date with all Phantasy artist pages ensuring all relevant content is shared
– Updating the Phantasy blog with new content and pushing through relevant channels
– Updating online playlists, websites, and profiles
– Assisting in the creation of newsletters and sending out to relevant mailing lists
– Laying out some of the Phantasy release artwork
– Ensuring the files are exported and delivered in the correct formats for production
– Editing images for online use, distribution and across social media channels
– Assisting in the management of our webshop and Discogs orders
– Packing up orders neatly and using Phantasy’s drop and go service at the local post office
– Brainstorming potential new products and ways to sell them
– Basic audio editing is useful but not essential
Traxsource is Seeking a Live Radio Host
Traxsource Live is the radio program of prominent underground digital music store Traxsource, specialising in house music. The company is now looking for a new host for Traxsource Live, which launched back in February 2014. Having gone from strength to strength, the program is currently heard by four million people per week.
Traxsource Live is seeking a highly organised and motivated individual with a big personality and radio voice to match. Strong radio production ability and experience are required. The successful candidate will be a quick learner, self motivated, creative, articulate, socially minded with a modern sense of style and an overstated passion for house and techno music.
You must be extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the house and techno scene and have great people skills. You will be required to quickly and effectively absorb workflows and execute tasks under the direct supervision of the Marketing Manager and A&R department. For the right person, this is an amazing opportunity which will open many doors and career possibilities.
If this sounds like you, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Jameson Works Want to Support Your Ideas
The Jameson Works is looking for people of all skills who have interesting ideas. There’s no long application form – just some cash and support to help make your projects happen. They’re offering bursaries from £100 to £1000 to £4000, and they want to support projects of all shapes and sizes.
For your submissions, the brief is ‘Transition and Transformation’. Entries need to include an explanation about what you want to create, what tools you need and the amount of money needed to achieve it along with photographs, mood boards, or a short video entry. It could be something you’re already working on but that you feel fits the brief. As long as you’re clear in your explanation, The Jameson Works would like to hear from you. Entrants must live in the UK and be over 18.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!