Point Blank always keeps current students and graduates in the loop with all of the best music industry opportunities, so with that said here’s our latest student opportunity round-up. All of these student opportunities come exclusively via PB using our extensive network of contacts, so get stuck in! NB: these opportunities are for Point Blank students and graduates only. Want loads more opportunities like this? Find out all about our courses right here!
You’re outgoing, self-motivated and have a proactive approach to work, you will enjoy working as intern within the nightclubs AV Department.
You’ll need to be flexible about working hours, which can be long and irregular. You may need to work in the evening, at night or at the weekend, depending on when artists and producers are booked into the venue. The role is very hands-on and often involves working as part of a team.
As an AV intern, you’ll need to:
- Have a good sense of pitch, timing and rhythm
- Have a knowledge of electronics and acoustics with a strong understanding of signal path and sound technology
- Ideally be an ambitious person who is able to use your own initiative to solve problems and learn about new technologies
- You’ll have a positive and happy attitude and be a team player
- You should have experience of delivering a high-quality service to all types of clients, therefore you’ll have excellent client facing and communication skills
- Good practical skills
- The ability to cope with long hours and tight deadlines
- Have a keen willingness to learn & support the Audio & AV team
Your day-to-day duties might involve but are not limited to:
- Supporting studio head engineer
- Preparing, checking and loading equipment for events
- Setting up microphones and equipment in the studio
- De-rigging and checking equipment prior to returning rentals to hire companies
- Operating recording equipment and ensuring that it is properly cared after
- Logging recordings and other details of the session in the studio archive
- Clearing down from the previous evening’s session
- Operation and maintenance of Tape’s sound system & all related equipment
- Support & Assist the Head of Audio & AV team with all other duties
If you are a bright, enthusiastic and driven individual with a demonstrable interest in Live Sound, recording and mixing, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass on the best candidates to the club.
Aux Studios in Shoreditch is a professional studio working in electronic music composition, production and stem mixing for DJs, advertising and library music. This is an incredible opportunity to get real hands-on experience and learn several facets of the industry. To apply, please send a C.V. and two relevant examples of your work to email@example.com with the title Point Blank x Aux Studios Intern Application: Your Name. Please see the full job description below.
What We’re Offering
The chance to gain first hand experience in a Shoreditch music production studio, learning production and mixing skills from award winning artists and labels including Mark Knight, Prok & Fitch, Toolroom and Defected.
What We’re Looking For
An enthusiastic, open-minded person with a strong interest in electronic music production and social media to assist with the day to day running of the studio.
Initially, we are looking for two or three days a week for three months, with potential for a long-term role. Days of the week can be flexible.
The candidate must
– be proficient in using Cubase
– have up to date knowledge of plugins, music styles, Beatport genres, synths and sounds
– have a good understanding of DJing and nightclubs
– be able to use some kind of graphics software eg. Photoshop
– understand basic theory and applied harmony
– have an Apple Macbook Pro or similar spec laptop
– be punctual
– understand basic drum programming
– have at least some voice recording experience
Non-essential skills but good to have
– active DJ
– be able to play the guitar
– graded musician
– web design skills
– knowledge of contracts
– Exporting session stems
– Preparing sessions
– Tuning vocals
– Composing, producing and mixing library music
– Registering music with PRS and PPL
– Social media content
– Maintaining websites
– Recording vocal sessions
– Creating Spotify edits from stems
– Keeping the studios in tidy order
– Various admin tasks
– Attending events
Please note: We are happy to advertise roles and work experience which help students obtain the sort of experience you may need to gain a job in the music industry or to further your career in the music industry. We interpret this broadly. However, we are not an employment agency and we take no responsibility for the terms upon which positions are advertised, nor the conditions which apply to any such positions or opportunity. As such you should satisfy yourself that the terms offered are acceptable when considering any role advertised.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!