Point Blank Music School has a long history of providing high-quality online Music Production, DJ and Music Industry courses. We pride ourselves on delivering the best online learning student experience available and constantly innovating to enhance our courses in terms of content, technology and the exclusive features we offer online students.
With the global pandemic forcing some institutions to scramble to make the move to an online teaching and learning model, we’ve used this time to consult with our students and make some exciting enhancements to the way we deliver our online courses, starting this September:
- In-depth, two hour weekly masterclass
- A choice of London or LA based masterclasses time zones
- Longer 30 minute 1-2-1 sessions with course lecturers
- Weekly opportunities to book 1-2-1s with a pool of specialist lecturers
- More opportunities to collaborate and access careers, A&R and industry support
Find out more about these enhancements below. We are also offering a massive 25% off until the 28th September with code: ONLINE25, so be sure to check out our online courses.
Our masterclasses will increase to two hours a week in weeks 1 to 10, up from the current one hour. As we are now using Zoom, masterclasses can be more interactive, offering even more communication between lecturers and students. With a longer session, our lecturers will also be able to develop their existing masterclasses, providing in-depth learning on key topics.
Masterclasses will also be offered from both our London and LA campuses, providing the opportunity for students to select the best time zone for their course depending on where they are for any given module.
MORE 1-2-1 OPPORTUNITIES
1-2-1s with course lecturers will now be available in 30-minute slots every other week instead of 20 minutes ones. In addition, students can book additional weekly 1-2-1s with our pool of specialist lecturers, enabling them to get targeted support on specific, specialist topics.
FOCUS ON PRACTICAL LEARNING
Whilst our online degree courses are just as rigorous as our on-campus ones, our practical courses are just that, practical. To keep the focus of our practical course on hands-on learning, we have simplified the assignment component of relevant modules so that students only have one assignment in any module.
CREATING A COMMUNITY
Point Blank’s virtual hub, The Lab, provides a space for students to connect, collaborate and communicate online. Share tracks, ideas and opinions. Get feedback, tips and advice. Open to all Point Blank students, staff and alumni, The Lab is a creative online forum that connects the Point Blank community 24/7, whether it’s 5pm or 5am.
CONNECTING YOU TO INDUSTRY
We offer more than just a course, we offer a music-minded community, connections to industry and a range of support to ensure that students get the most out of studying with us:
- Virtual support from our expert Studio team
- Regular industry masterclasses, workshops, socials and showcases
- Professional careers and employability support, advice and guidance
- Expert, well connected, A&R mentoring, development and contract advice
- Exclusive offers, deals, discounts and opportunities from the industry
- Friendly and discreet wellbeing, counselling and student support services
- Opportunities to share your music, get feedback and get signed to our record label
Want to be part of the Point Blank Online family? Check out our online courses and book before the 28th September for 25% off with code: ONLINE25.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!