Mental health is a crucial aspect of our lives, influencing everything we do. At Point Blank Music School, we recognize the importance of discussing mental health, raising awareness, and supporting those who are struggling. This commitment is evident in our comprehensive approach to student and staff well-being.
Support Services for Students and Staff
Point Blank offers a range of services to ensure the mental well-being of both students and staff:
- Counseling Services: Students have access to counseling services, providing a safe space to discuss any challenges they may be facing.
- Well-being Drop-ins: These sessions offer on-the-spot support and guidance on campus.
- Well-being Events and Workshops: These initiatives aim to educate and provide tools for managing mental health.
- Staff Support: For our staff, Point Blank organizes away days, team-building activities, and provides access to external counselors, flexible working options, and external healthcare support.
In an emergency, where there’s a risk to someone’s safety, it’s crucial to dial 999. If it’s safe, approaching the person, engaging in a conversation, and making them feel seen and heard can be incredibly helpful.
Common Challenges and Overcoming Them
Students at Point Blank may face challenges like burnout, loneliness, creative block, and imposter syndrome. Here are some strategies to overcome these hurdles:
- Implement Well-being Activities: Engage in activities like reading, journaling, exercising, and listening to music. These can help in taking care of both body and mind.
- Seek and Accept Support: Connect with the community for support and advice. Remember, someone else has likely been in your shoes before.
- Nurture a Positive Mindset: Practice gratitude and adopt a growth mindset.
- Set SMART Goals: Having clear, achievable goals can provide direction and motivation.
- Build Resilience: Recognize your feelings and find ways to bounce back from challenges.
For more support you can visit these resources:
Samaritans are a registered charity aimed at providing support to anyone in emotional distress, who is struggling to cope, or who is at risk of suicide. Samaritans offer a free anonymous confidential helpline you can access 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
Telephone: 116 123
Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help.
Music Support offers musicians and people working inside the industry (including students) emotional support, advice, information, and signposting to other specialist services/support. You can talk to trained support staff by ringing the helpline. Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
Telephone: 0800 030 6789
Music Minds Matter is ‘Help Musicians UKs’ dedicated mental health support line and service for the whole UK music community. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Telephone: 0808 802 8008
Reach Out To Us
Our team is always ready to assist. We’re based at the Osman Road campus, available Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM. You can contact us at email@example.com for advice, information, or support regarding mental health and well-being. Outside of these hours, you can still reach out via email, and we’ll provide a list of external support and information.
At Point Blank, we’re committed to supporting our community’s mental health and well-being. If you’re struggling or just need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate to reach out to us or any team member. We’re here to help, and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!