We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These opportunities come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember – all of the opportunities detailed below are for PB students and alumni only.
Disturbing London are Looking for a Studio Engineer Intern
Disturbing London is on the lookout for a studio engineer intern to assist on sessions alongside other duties. Disturbing London is the home of influential UK superstar Tinie Tempah, and represents some of the finest British homegrown talent. This opportunity would provide a brilliant opportunity for someone who is keen to get their foot in the door of the industry.
The main duties of the successful candidate will include:
– Engineering sessions
– Forward all multis, stems, MP3s from sessions
– Sending files digitally for mix
– Managing the studio diary
– Liaise with the A&R team regarding stock records for publishing department
– Direct mail outs to specific artists/groups inviting them to come down and use Disturbing London’s facilities
– Candidate must be available 3 days per week (both daytime and evening sessions)
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications/experience:
– At least 6 months experience in similar role or engineering sessions
– Excellent attention to detail
– Logic Pro experience
– Ability to work with pop/R&B singers, hip-hop artists and bands
– Proven experience of working to strict deadlines and excellent organisational skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to remain calm in a stressful environment
– Experience of working on your own, as well as part of a team
If you would like to be considered for the Disturbing London studio engineer intern role, send your CV, cover letter and profile to email@example.com.
The Tino Orsini Show is Looking for a Sound Engineering Intern
The Tino Orsini Show is a podcast which has been nominated for a UK Podcasters Award in 2015, in the Best Arts Podcast category. They have recorded nearly 30 episodes so far, and have had over 11,000 plays on iTunes to date. Their guests regularly include top Hollywood producers, soap stars, prominent actors, directors, authors, singers, stand-up comedians, photographers, artists and coaches.
The podcast is currently looking for a sound engineering intern, who must be knowledgable with microphones, mixers, recordings, editing and uploading each weekly episode. Presently, the location of recording is Derwent House, Stanhope Gardens, SW7 5BJ.
To be considered, send your CV, covering letter and profile to Tino Orsini.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!