Point Blank always keeps current students and alumni in the loop with all of the best music industry opportunities, so with that said here’s our latest student opportunity round-up. All of these student opportunities come exclusively via PB using our extensive network of contacts, so get stuck in! Want loads more opportunities like this? Find out all about our courses right here!
Here are our most recent student opportunities…
Fred P Remix Competition
We are running a remix competition for the track featured below, with the winner getting a vinyl release on Fred P’s new label Private Society as well as a copy of Ableton Suite and Komplete 11. The deadline for the competition is the 31st July. See below for details on how to enter.
How to enter
1. Download the stems – note, you must register with Point Blank in order to access the stems.
2. Create a remix, completely open in terms of genre – entries will be judged on their quality and originality!
3. Upload your track to SoundCloud and submit the track via the Tracks channel of Plugged In – Point Blank’s social network for producers and DJs – before midnight on 31st July. Please ensure the track title includes ‘Fred P Remix Competition’.
DJ Mag Sessions
Point Blank has teamed up with DJ Mag and Egg London to present an exclusive opportunity to PB students and graduates. We’re offering the chance to perform at Egg as a part of DJ Mag’s ‘DJ Mag Sessions’, an event held regularly across the year that has previously featured the likes of Solomun, Adesse Versions & Detroit Swindle to name a few. This is part of a new opportunity in which Point Blank will be offering support slots at EGG to students and graduates at future DJ Mag Sessions.
Nic Fanciulli has been confirmed for the next session on 22nd July – he’ll be playing a 3-hour set, and you can buy tickets for just £5 here. Students and graduates who’d like to apply for this first slot will need to submit a relevant mix (via Soundcloud or Mixcloud link) along with a cover email detailing live DJ experience to date and current set-up to firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll need to take into account that this will be a support slot, and cater your mix accordingly!
Freelance Sound Engineer for Ear Candy Live
London-based entertainment agency Ear Candy are currently seeking Freelance Sound Engineers to support their events/weddings during the busy summer period. Equipment is provided however your own transport is required. Fees are variable, most ‘base fees’ range between £125 – £160 plus travel, parking costs & extras. Travel is charged at 40p per mile and is calculated from their Wimbledon lock-up to the venue and back. Candidates should be prepared to manage a mixed set of tracks between act sets, although Ear Candy provide training for this.
This job typically includes:
- Picking up equipment from our Wimbledon lockup (can sometimes be arranged a few days in advanced),
- Driving to the venue,
- Setting up and performing a sound check,
- Mixing the band,
- Manning mixed music between the bands set,
- Packing down,
- Returning the equipment to the lock up (can be arranged next day).
Criteria to be met:
- Must hold a full license and be eligible for work and driving in the UK,
- Own your own transportation or be prepared to hire a vehicle on a gig by gig basis. A medium sized hatchback with good boot size will be adequate for most occasions, a van is obviously an advantage,
- Be reliable, professional and client friendly.
- Have good available to take Saturday jobs, particularly over the summer.
Interested? Contact Vas at email@example.com with a cover letter and a copy of your CV. Interview/auditions taking place imminently in Wimbledon.
We are happy to advertise roles and work experience which help students obtain the sort of experience you may need to gain a job in the music industry or to further your career in the music industry. We interpret this broadly. However, we are not an employment agency and we take no responsibility for the terms upon which positions are advertised, nor the conditions which apply to any such positions or opportunity. As such you should satisfy yourself that the terms offered are acceptable when considering any role advertised.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!