We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performances to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember – all of the opportunities detailed below are for PB students and alumni only.
The Hospital Club Are Looking For a Trainee AV Co-ordinator
Private members’ club The Hospital Club are looking to recruit a trainee AV co-ordinator to provide general support to the AV team as required and appropriate. Please be aware that the traineeship is in partnership with Camden Council and the successful applicants must reside in the London Borough of Camden. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Summary of the key activities:
- To liaise with the Events and Studio teams (and any other internal department or team) to prepare appropriate and timely AV solution for all meetings, members’ events and other organised activities throughout the building
- To assist with the operation and management of technical elements of events/presentations to the highest standard, with responsibility for the rigging and de-rigging of the AV equipment before and after the event.
- To ensure that AV systems are available for use on a daily basis and check tidiness of relevant areas (e.g. recover cables and equipment supplied for an event)
- To maintain an up-to-date inventory of all AV equipment within the building and ensure appropriate storage
- To regularly examine the Club’s AV setup and explore ways to future-proof/improve the current system
- To ensure that all AV equipment, systems, associated cabling and adaptors are appropriately maintained to ensure the highest standards of service
- To create and maintain a database of AV freelancers.
- To proactively recommend appropriate technical solutions to enhance AV and technical operations
- To provide timely information about in-house AV systems and have knowledge of alternative equipment, suppliers and standards for special events taking into account budget constraints
- To demonstrate to/train members of staff how to correctly operate the AV equipment (e.g. Events staff, F&B Managers) in the various event spaces within the building, and to ensure the training manual is up-to-date
- To assist in reducing AV/technical operational costs
- To maintain records and other AV system information and ensure these are up-to-date
- To ensure a prompt response to all AV related problems
- To oversee third parties and contractors involved with the build for an AV-related event
- To provide operational support to other departments where appropriate
- To understand the needs of clients (internal and external) and deliver service excellence, which includes the need to dress appropriately for each event.
Experience or interest in providing Audio/Visual (AV) and technical support for events with a capacity size of between 300-500 people) – Essential
Prior experience of operating and maintaining in-house AV systems in a similar environment/industry. – Desired
Prior experience of a client-facing role in a similar environment/industry. – Essential
Knowledge & Skills
Managing a database of casual freelancers. – Essential
Ability to train non-technical staff AV disciplines. – Desired
Microsoft suite literate. – Desired
Qualified first aider and/or fire officer. – Desired
Excellent customer care ethos with the drive to attain the highest standard of customer service. – Essential
A strong team-player and the ability to build relationships at all levels. –Essential
A proactive nature with the ability to work on own initiative. – Essential
Ability to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) – Essential
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!