We strive to give our students and alumni unique opportunities to get involved within the music industry. These come exclusively from our extensive network of industry contacts, and can range from DJ performance to internships and paid roles too. Scroll down to see what’s popping this week, and for those that want to access many more ongoing opportunities like this, you can find out all about our courses right here! Please remember, that all opportunities posted here are for Point Blank students and alumni only.
Acclaimed Producer TEED Is Looking for a Studio Intern
Acclaimed producer and DJ Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs has approached Point Blank with an incredible opportunity. He is looking for an LA-based intern to help him put together a new studio, sort, catalogue and source repairs for hardware and carry out other basic studio management tasks. The right candidate will have a professional approach, be confident with software as a lot of updates and backups need carrying out and, importantly, be Ableton literate.
The role is paid, with salary dependent on experience. In terms of commitment, it will begin with an initial 4 to 5 days per week before moving to a more ad hoc basis. He is looking for someone to start ASAP.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Louise with a CV and cover note detailing your background experience, why you want to work with TEED and why you are a good fit for the role. Please bear in mind, all roles on this page are for PB students only.
AV Production Company Blue Hut Are Looking for Junior Technicians
Blue Hut are an AV production company based in central London. They are currently looking for graduates and students who are interested in working in the corporate AV sector, while gaining valuable real-life experience.
You will be given the opportunity to use the latest industry standard AV equipment and to learn how things work behind the scenes in the corporate event sector. Jobs range from conferences to high profile dance music parties and anything in between.
They are happy to support the professional development of the right individuals through gear-specific training and providing opportunities and time to do practical work. The rate of pay considerably exceeds minimal wage.
If you have skills that cover sound, lighting, video and rigging then please send your CV to Louise.
A London Record Label Are Looking for a Studio Engineer Intern
A record label based in Hoxton are on the lookout for a studio engineer intern in their A&R department, reporting to the Publishing Assistant.
● Engineer Sessions.
● Forward all multis, stems, mp3’s are sessions.
● Sending files digitally for mix.
● Manage studio diary.
● Liaise with the A&R team re: stock records for publishing department.
● Direct mail outs to specific artists/groups inviting them to come down and use our
● Available 3 days week (daytime/evening sessions)
Qualifications and/or Experience
● At least 5 months experience in similar role or engineering sessions.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Logic experience.
● Ability to work with Pop/Rhythm & Blues singers, HipHop & Bands.
● Proven experience of working to strict deadlines & excellent organisation skills.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to remain calm in a sometimes busy environment.
● Experience of working on your own, as well as part of the team.
● Mac knowledgeable for ability to create simple edits for radio or performing use.
● Knowledgeable in mastering records to an average standard.
Please email Louise with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!
This post is included in News, Opportunities