We’re excited to announce that we have joined forces with the UK charity, Nordoff Robbins, to unleash a brand new competition, Bedroom 2 Dancefloor, with some huge prizes up for grabs.
Nordoff Robbins is the largest independent music therapy charity in the UK who are dedicated to changing the lives of vulnerable and isolated people. They support thousands of people through their own centres and by working in over 150 partnerships with a wide range of organisations including care homes, schools and hospitals.
The competition is designed to showcase some of the unsung talents within the electronic music world and champion health and wellbeing within the creative community. To enter the competition participants will need to upload their tightest 20-30 minute mix to Mixcloud so it can be judged by our panel of expert industry professionals, and those at Native Instruments, DJ Mag, Radio 6 and more. The lucky winner of Bedroom 2 Dancefloor will be awarded some incredible prizes including a two-night stay at Hard Rock Hotel London in a Rock Royalty Suite, a Native Instruments S4 DJ controller, a Point Blank Online course worth over £1000, a slot on Soho Radio and a chance to perform at one of Nordoff Robbins’ events. The competition closes on 26 May with the winner announced on 29 May, so get your tracks together and start mixing! See the full specs on how to enter below.
TO ENTER / WIN
*Entrants must be UK-based*
1. To enter contestants must upload a 20-30 minute mix to Mixcloud via this link
2. You must title your mix with the following reference: ” Bedroom2Dancefloor_(your name)_(Name of your mix), tag #bedroom2dancefloor ”
3. The music/mix will be initially judged on the social media traction you can gain, so make sure you promote your mix across your own social networks to drive as many listens as possible!
4. The top 15 most popular mixes based on highest number of listens will be put before the panel of judges who will whittle it down to their top 5 mixes. The judges will be looking at track selection, creativity and technical ability, as well as considering how well your mix would fit into a club environment
5. The top 5 which the judging panel selects, will once again be asked to self-promote their mix encouraging the public to vote for a winner!
6) The most popular vote wins!
If you’re not a DJ or producer but want to get stuck into this competition, don’t worry, you can too. Those who involve themselves in the public vote will also be in for a chance to win a two-night stay at the Hard Rock Hotel London.
If you’re interested in learning to produce music and DJ we can help. We offer courses in both at our schools in London, Los Angeles, Ibiza, Mumbai and Online. Got any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
If you register with Point Blank, you can access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!