We are thrilled to announce that Point Blank Music School has been awarded TEF Silver recognition for excellence in higher education teaching.
Introduced by the government in England in 2017, TEF (Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework) was put in place to assess the teaching standards at universities and colleges across the country. One of the main focal points of the TEF is to judge how well a higher education institution ensures excellent outcomes for their students in terms of gaining employment or moving on to further study. The TEF awards, which are judged by an independent panel of students, academics and other experts, help future students decide where to study based on quality. Now, Point Blank is proudly certified TEF Silver for exceeding rigorous quality requirements for its delivery of UK higher education, high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.
What does a TEF Silver Award mean for Point Blank?
Point Blank Music School delivers high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It consistently exceeds rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.
What does this mean for Point Blank students?
No other independent HE provider of music production courses has achieved a TEF Silver award including BIMM, SAE, ACM and ICMP who all remain at Bronze level.
So why has Point Blank been awarded this prestigious achievement?
- More Guided Learning Hours (teaching time), including one-on-one tuition, than other courses.
- Highest levels of student engagement and active commitment to learning and study.
- Flexible course design and assessment practices, ensuring all students are significantly challenged.
- Strong industry focus supported by numerous connections with the music industry which provide relevant and specialist careers support.
- Recruiting and developing expert lecturers with strong music industry backgrounds whose expertise and industry links positively impact on student learning opportunities through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
What does this mean for employers of Point Blank students?
- Due to the industry focus of the School, Point Blank students benefit from regular guidance on how to apply their skills to real life scenarios whilst on the course, enabling them to hit the ground running.
- Teaching provided on state-of-the-art equipment allows Point Blank students to become familiar with industry-standard resources before stepping into the world of employment.
Speaking about the award Point Blank’s CEO and Founder, Rob Cowan, said:
“Point Blank Music School’s historical roots have always been firmly entrenched in the active music industry. As we evolve into a high-quality and well-respected higher education institution – the leader in our field – we can offer students a unique, specialist and bespoke learning pathway with amazingly successful results, both in terms of creativity and employment. Even though times are changing, the goal is the same: learn how to make great music with us and then make it your career.”
Our new TEF award joins the many others Point Blank Music School has been recognised for. In 2018 we were crowned the winner at the What Uni Student Choice Awards for ‘Best Independent University’ as well the winner of ‘Exporting Education’ at the Independent HE Awards – not to mention we’re top of the NSS (National Student Survey ) for our sector with 91%. All of our higher education programmes are quality assured by Middlesex University meaning that when you study with Point Blank your qualifications are certified with a Middlesex award on successful completion. If you’d like to join our growing family why not enrol on a Point Blank course? Our industry professional lecturers teach a range of subjects across the board including Music Production & Sound Engineering, DJing, Singing & Songwriting, Radio Broadcasting, Music Industry practice and more in campuses in London, Los Angeles, China, Ibiza, Mumbai, and Online.
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!